Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Take Home Folders

Tonight I spent some time getting my take home folders ready. I use the plastic 3 prong folders from Walmart (50 cents.) They are very durable and lasted the whole year. This year I got fancy and printed the labels of the computer. It only took me a few tries to get it right! The one side says, "left at home" and the other says, "right back to school" I then used hand print stamps from Michael's to stamp on each side. 





I also printed labels that said "Money and Notes Pouch." I stick these on a plastic pencil zipper pouch. I found that it worked really well for parents to send notes, lunch money, book order and other things in to school. It was also great if I was writing a quick note home. This way I knew it wouldn't get lost. It was such a hit this year that some of other teachers at school are using this idea. 


I can't take all the credit though, it was passed along to me and then I found it recreated on jmeacham.com/beebooks.htm. It really had some great ideas on what else you can add! I am also using the ABCs of Kindergarten from her website! I used a cute owl name tag on the front. I am going owl themed this year. I think I will also add some owl stickers to dress up the pouch. I had to use black this year because Target was picked over by the time I got to the 49 cent sale! That's what I get for spreading the word! :P 
I will also add one or two page protectors for information for the parents. I am thinking the ABCs of Kindergarten and the class schedule. Things they will want to have reference to. I am still working that part out. I also put a blank calendar each month in the back. The students have to color in their behavior for each day. It is a great way for the parents to see how their child is doing and the students take such pride and getting greens or purple. I will post another day about my behavior system. I think that is all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment